The Pacesetter Program
The FWA’s proprietary leadership program for President Circle Company Women
Who are the Pacesetters?
Upwardly mobile women who have distinguished themselves in their organizations and have the aspiration, talents and exemplary skills that set the pace for excellence.
Pacesetters: The FWA is proud to sponsor its specialized leadership development program for high potential women from the FWA’s President’s Circle Companies. At the FWA, we believe the word “pacesetter” has always applied to that group of elite companies that have partnered with us. The Pacesetter Program is a continuing partnership with the President’s Circle organizations that recognizes outstanding women within those companies who exemplify the character, achievement, passion and leadership that is critical to organizational success.
The Pacesetter Program was launched in 2015 as an additional benefit to President Circle Companies and to support the development of the next generation of women leaders within those organizations. Karen Elinski, FWA President for 2018-19 introduced her theme for the year, which is Corporate Citizenship. In her own words, “The FWA has long recognized that diversity and inclusion can generate a powerful impact on our organizations and the careers of our members. As women assume more power and influence, the FWA will work with our partner organizations as they accelerate their diversity and inclusion initiatives. It is time we seized this moment to amplify our voice. We still have much work to do to achieve equal footing in the cultural and workplace landscapes.” Karen and the senior leadership will focus on initiatives that create equity for women in the workplace, including equal pay, upward mobility and paid family leave.
We are pleased to present the fourth Pacesetter cohort of twenty-two dynamic women for 2019-20:
The Pacesetter Program offers participants the opportunity to focus on specific objectives and needs which are relevant to their leadership development and career advancement.
Early in the fiscal year, a customized development plan is created. From there, participants will:
“I am most looking forward to gaining industry insights, and take advantage of opportunities to work with C-suite level mentors and executive coaches who are committed to help me grow and develop both personally and professionally.”
Shannon Seidel, MBA
Director, Project Management
Enterprise Services & Systems
- Be mentored by a senior FWA member and coached by a professional executive coach
- Attend dedicated workshops designed to build key leadership skills
- Meet senior leaders from President’s Circle Companies and benefit from their insights, perspectives, and experience
- Attend workshops and other interactive sessions with professional development experts, authors, organizational development specialists and renowned leaders
- Expand their networks while developing personal and professional bonds with their cohort group, previous cohorts and others in the FWA
- Receive a complimentary FWA membership and enjoy the many membership benefits
- Be recognized at the FWA’s Annual Reception and featured in its member communications
- Attend FWA events and be welcomed into the FWA community
Over the course of the year, participants can anticipate 5-6 days of leadership development which is supplemented by individual meetings with mentors and coaches, round table sessions with senior leaders, attendance at FWA events, and, of course, implementing their development plan on-the-job. An Advisory Board of FWA Board and Leadership Council members oversees the strategic direction and implementation of the Pacesetter Program.
Pacesetter Session Highlights
Want to learn more?
For more information, contact the Pacesetter Program Committee Co-Chairs Marian Olah
or Amy Hertenstein