The Financial Women's Association (FWA), in collaboration with participating companies listed on the application, has developed the FWA Back2Business™ Program, a unique program for individuals who have interrupted their careers in financial services for such reasons as, but not limited to, childcare, eldercare or to serve our country. If selected, you may take part in a paid program with one of our participating organizations that can put you on the right track to reach your career goals. You may work on a significant assignment or project that could lead to a permanent position. If your employer has a re-entry program, it will vary in length depending on the project, but is generally between 90 days and 6 months, or longer. Participating companies will discuss specific details with you.
We want to make sure you are successful so our participating companies are providing training support to enhance your skills or re-establish certifications.
We understand that a transition back to corporate life can be daunting, so you will have mentors to support you as you return to work who understand the company and can guide you, and a mentor at the FWA as well.
We want to ensure you have a network to lean on and we will provide chosen participants a one year paid membership in the FWA so you can attend skill building events, re-build your network and develop a support group of individuals in your industry.
View our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more detail.
To get started on your road back to your career, just follow these instructions:
Prerequisites to have your application considered:
- Available to work such hours as the participating organization requires (generally, full-time)
- Away from the workforce in a full-time position, for more than two years
- Must have been employed in the financial services industry for at least five years
- Willingness to commit to the length of the assignment and the Back2Business Program
- Able to work at a location in the NY, NJ CT area
- Employment start dates will be determined with the hiring manager. Candidates are expected to be available and flexible to the needs of the employer.
To apply, be sure to follow these instructions:
- Complete your application in full
- Upload your resume with the link provided on the application
- Submit your application directly through this website
- Complete and submit your application by date to be announced.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applications are final when submitted
If selected to be interviewed by a participating firm, you will be contacted by their representative directly to discuss next steps.
Amount of financial support and requirements will vary by participating company and are reimbursed to participants by the hiring company.
The Application Period is scheduled to reopen on April 3rd, 2020.