POSTPONED: Back2Business Workshop - 2020
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Workshop from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
No Walk-Ins Allowed
85 Broad Street
New York, New York 10004
Online registration is closed.
Back2Business™ Workshop at BMO Capital Markets
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Back2Business in-person workshop on April 2nd has been postponed. In its 4th year, the Back2Business Program, and our sponsoring partners, are still committed to this initiative. The application period that was to start in April is now on hold. We will be communicating with our partners to see if the Back2Business cycles can be moved to the Fall.
For more information, please contact Patti Mittelman, Chair or Robin Nack, Co-Chair.
Supporting individuals in both the development and advancement of their careers has always been the FWA’s primary purpose. Back2Business, which we are proud to deliver in partnership with our participating President's Circle organizations, is an extension of this core mission which has driven the organization over the course of our history.
The Back2Business Workshop is not a mandatory requirement of the program application, however it is an important component that we hope you will consider.
Back2Business Workshop - Spring 2019
The Objectives of the Workshop are:
- Networking, Networking. Networking. Meet members of the talent management team from our sponsoring organizations and peers who will also be looking to learn more about the program
- Provide Back2Business program information/background on the why/what/how of the application criteria
- Real Time Career Search Skills: The FWA and our sponsoring organizations will also deliver a mini-workshop that will present useful tools for you to use with your Back2Business application and in your career search
The workshop is free to FWA Members and Non-members. Space is limited, so please register early if you wish to attend.
Prerequisites to have your application considered:
- Available to work such hours as the participating organization requires (generally, full-time)
- Away from the workforce in a full-time position, for more than two years
- Must have been employed in the financial services industry for at least five years
- Willingness to commit to the length of the assignment and the Back2Business Program
- Able to work at a location in the NY, NJ, and CT area
- Employment start dates will be determined with the hiring manager. Candidates are expected to be available and flexible to the needs of the employer
View highlights from last year's workshop
Special thanks to BMO Capital Markets for hosting this workshop. BMO Capital Markets is a member of FWA President's Circle and is a participating organization of the Back2Business program.
About the FWA
Established in 1956, the FWA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit professional organization with a membership of approximately 800 female and male professionals working in the financial services industry or who hold a financial position in another industry. The FWA has a long tradition of encouraging women to seek career opportunities in finance and business through mentorship and networking.
We recognize that life does not always follow the calendar commitments that we make. These events have limited capacity. If your schedule changes, we ask that you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can offer your spot to someone else.
« Go to Upcoming Event List